Friday, April 10, 2009

Consider Joy?

“Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance, and let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.” (James 1:2-4)


You know, with all the junk I’ve had to face this week; I finally blew a fuse. I threw a tantrum with God. Alright, what I was actually doing was yelling at God (and not for the first time either).


Somewhere along the line, it has gotten into my head, that if I hear God’s voice, and obey; things will go right…Right now! In other words, I think that things will work out according to my expectations. I mean really; according to Romans 12:2 my mind is “renewed” and I (of course) will know what God’s will is… what His “good and perfect will” is for any given situation. So like a child, I think, well I’ve been a good girl, so God will reward me…Right?


So when I get done exhausting myself yelling and crying that it’s not fair, and comparing my life to the Prophet Jeremiah (yeah I was really whining), I call a friend of mine to get some sympathy. So she just stops me cold when she quietly says to me, “Lisa, I thank God for my husband, and my house, and my job; but if I lose my husband, lose my house and lose my job, I will still thank Him.”


I hung up the phone and repented.


“But as for me, my prayer is to Thee, O Lord, at an acceptable time, O God, in the greatness of Thy lovingkindness, answer me with Thy saving truth. (Psalm 69:13,emphasis mine)

1 comment:

inchristus said...

Thank God for friends! Faithful are the wounds of a friend, indeed.