Sunday, August 16, 2009

Mosaics

In my meditation with the Lord this morning, I began to see my self-- you know my real self. I was horrified. All I could see was a network of horrendous scars, some shinny white and ropey, some jagged and purplish red…but hundreds and hundreds of them. I cried out, “Lord, I am so hideous, I am so ugly.” “This is awful, Lord I can’t stand it--please help me--take them away.” “Oh Jesus help.”

Then Jesus said, “No, Lisa you are beautiful--you need those scars.” And He asked me, “How do you make a mosaic?”

“Well,” I said, “you take hundreds of glass pieces and place them in a way that it creates a picture.”

“And what holds them together?”

“Grout” I said.

Then the Lord said to me “So I took all the shattered pieces of your life, and used the scars to hold them together, so step back and look again; do you see the picture or the grout lines?”

Truthfully, I don’t yet see the “picture” yet…but in time I believe I will.

No comments: