Monday, October 19, 2009

Radical Trust

In going through some of the toughest trials I have ever encountered in the last several weeks, I have come to the conclusion that to “radically” trust God is one of the hardest things I have ever encountered. I have faced both the spiritual battles and the physical battles…my sanity and my health. How much am I really able to submit to God’s will for my life. And the answer I have decided on was to truly trust God; no matter what.

I decided that even if I was to be poured out like a “drink offering”, another words, to be wasted and never used to build the kingdom of God, I will submit to God’s will for my life, and trust him. So I say like Paul “The Lord will deliver me from every evil deed, and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom, to him be the glory for ever and ever. Amen. (2 Timothy 18)

You know that the prophet Jeremiah was thrown in a cistern, beaten, and ultimately dragged off to Egypt with the escapees to die where God did not want them to go. So in knowing that history, what did Jeremiah ultimately achieve? Prophecy? Some great inspirational scripture? Or is the actual answer to be known at some time in Glory?

It does not matter.

Never the less, not my will, but Thy will be done.