Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I've Been in the Storm

I've been in the storm so long,
I've been in the storm so long, children,
I've been in the storm so long,
Oh, give me little time to pray.

Oh, let me tell my mother
How I come along,
Oh give me little time to pray,
With a hung down head an' a achin' heart,
Oh give me little time to pray.

Oh, when I get to heaven,
I'll walk all about,
Oh, give me little time to pray,
There'll be nobody there to turn me out,
Oh, give me little time to pray.

I've been in the storm so long,
I've veen in the storm so long, children,
I've veen in the srom so long,
Oh, give me little time to pray.

Traditional Spiritual
Listen here; as arranged by Jeffery Ames

2 comments:

Christina Langella said...

Lisa, where did you find this? This is beautiful and very timely!

Lisa said...

I heard this song for the first time at a Lenten service March 7, at St. Elizabeth of Hungary in Denver; the words were in the order of service. Canto Deo's chamber ensemble sang it.

It was a powerful experience.