Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"No-Man's Land"

In rejoicing over life, I dance; therefore I am a seductress.

I enjoy political, theological and philosophical debate; therefore I am “intimidating”.

In enjoying these “debates” I find myself in many conversations with men; therefore I am trying to seduce them.

I try to encourage women to stand up and express themselves with out fear of reprisal; therefore I am a lesbian.

I speak out for being disturbed at the explicit sexual conversation around me; therefore I am a “Bible Thumper” and “from the wrong generation”.

I finally am given a chance to teach at church on Sunday; therefore it is assumed I am teaching children.

Jesus, I keep you firmly on the Throne. You alone are the author and perfector of my faith; I will look to you and try not to glance at the “wind and the waves” but where is it written in your Word that my cross is my gender?

No comments: