Saturday, March 20, 2010

Where are all the little girls?

Here is an important article that you all should read. Because of the ease of technology today, countries that put little value on women in society are using ultra-sound to determine the sex of the child the mother is carrying. If the child is a girl; she is then aborted.

A book just out entitled "Half the Sky" chronicles the plight of women around the world in societies that have very little value for them.

Remember our Christian history; in the early church, it was the Christians who would routinely collect the infant girls that were "exposed" in the Roman Empire to die. The church valued women then; will we value women now?

For Thou didst form my inward parts; Thou didst weave me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well.(Psalm 139:13-14)

No comments: