Saturday, May 1, 2010

Living Water






















I was walking along my favorite trail this morning, the air was cool and crisp. Here at the edge of the Front Range, the snow is melted except for some stubborn patches under the trees; so along the trail this time of year flows a snow-melt stream. The sound of the water, gushing over the rocks is soothing; and it brought to mind “rivers of living water”.

I started thinking on the things that the Spirit of God was cleaning out of me; old hurts, stock-piled garbage, an assortment of what I like to call “toxic waste” from years of “world abuse” I have suffered. Like the water in this stream, the “Water of Life” cleaning out the garbage in my heart can be painful. Whenever you had a scraped and dirty wound from falling as a child; to hold that bleeding part under water would be painful…you know you had to get it cleaned off, but boy-o-boy it hurt.

But when the wounds, hurts, and “toxic waste” are cleaned out; the relief is immediate. The lightness, healing, and peace are wonderful. When you let God do the healing, the healing is true and complete.


“The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. The precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true; they are righteous altogether. They are more desirable than gold, yes, than much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and the drippings of the honeycomb. Moreover by them Thy servant is warned; in keeping them there is great reward. Who can discern his errors? Acquit me of hidden faults. Also keep back Thy servant from presumptuous sins; let them not rule over me; then I shall be blameless, and I shall be acquitted of great transgression. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.” Psalm 19:7-14

2 comments:

Christina Langella said...

Love this. And more than timely for me on a personal level. Thank you for posting this.

Lisa said...

You're welcome. You know, I think the biggest block to healing is to simply have the courage to ask God to bring us through the process. But when God heals you, you are completely healed!