Saturday, June 18, 2011

What Do You Pray For Me?

And the former priests, on the one hand, existed in greater numbers, because they were prevented by death from continuing, but He on the other hand, because He abides forever, holds His priesthood permanently. Hence, also, He is able to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.  (Heb. 7:23-25)





When all my friends neglect to pray,
busily caring for spouses, children, and family;



Lord, what do you pray for me?



When my thoughts paint me into a corner of gloom,
And all I want is a phone call or note;



Lord, what do you pray for me?



As I am overlooked, alone, and supposed
seriously self-sufficient;



Lord, what do you pray for me?



As I look back over a life of abuse, corruption, and subjugation—
and I do not want to go on;



Lord, what do you pray for me?



There was a small city with few men in it and a great king came to it, surrounded it, and constructed large siegeworks against it. But there was found in it a poor wise man and he delivered the city by his wisdom. Yet no one remembered that poor man. So I said, “Wisdom is better than strength.” But the wisdom of the poor man is despised and his words are not heeded. (Ecc. 9: 14-16)

No comments: