Thursday, July 7, 2011

"Music, Fireworks, and Joy"

I can hear the music in living color.


When I read the Bible, it sings to me in a glorious Technicolor symphony orchestra. I can hear the music of God’s grace. It paints for me a picture of how life was, is, and how it should be; colored by His love, mercy, justice, and holiness.

I feel fireworks.

When I read Pascal for the first time I honestly felt as if fireworks were lighting off around my heart. It was as if golden sparks were lighting up inside of me. Blase Pascal’s writings speak to me of a passionate love of God. That is the true fire of the Holy Spirit.

Now I have joy!

Reading the foundational writings of Philosophy…Socrates, Plato, Aristotle…what joy; I can see what I’ve been missing my whole life. It is so exhilarating for me to read works that I had been denied; now open, accessible, and understandable. This is the greatest Joy, and given as a gift from God.

Yes I know I need to be a grown-up…but inside I am a child set free and chasing butterflies across a meadow; laughing with pure joy.

“Hear, O Lord, and be gracious to me; O Lord, be thou my helper.” Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing; Thou hast loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness; that my soul may sing praise to Thee, and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to Thee forever. (Psalm 30:10-12)

No comments: