Monday, September 5, 2011

Psalm 91 Prayer for Protection

Psalm 91 Prayer for Protection.

Father, I thank you that I dwell in the shelter of the Most High,
I abide in the shadow of the Almighty.

I say to you my Lord; that you are my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust.
For it is You who delivers me from the snare of the trapper, and from the deadly pestilence.

You shield me the way an eagle protects her young, and they take refuge under her wings.
Your faithfulness is a shield and high wall around me.

I am not afraid of the terror by night, or the arrow that flies by day;
Of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, or the destruction that lays waste at noon.

A thousand may fall at my side; and ten thousand at my right hand;
But it will not come near me, and I will see the wicked punished.

For I have made the Lord my refuge, even the Most High my dwelling place.
No evil will befall me, nor will any plague come near my tent.

For You give Your angels charge concerning me, to guard me in all my ways.
They bear me up in their hands lest I stumble over a rock.

I tread upon the lion and the cobra, the young lion and the serpent I will trample down.
Because I love you Lord, You will deliver me;

You set me securely on high, because I know Your name.
You are with me in trouble, You rescue me and honor me,
With a long life You satisfy me, and let me behold Your salvation.

*Amen*




No comments: