Poem by Mary O'Neill
Illustrations by Leonard Weisgard.
Published by Doubleday & Company 1961
Here is a paper I wrote on the Problem of Evil for my World View’s Class this last year.
1. God is omnipotent and omniscient.
2. God is omibenevolent.
3. There is objective evil
4. God’s power means God can prevent any evil, since God can do absolutely anything.
5. God’s goodness means he could prevent any evil
6. But there is evil, therefore God cannot exist.
1. An omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent God created the world.
2. God created a good world in which evil was possible and became actual, and had a good reason for doing so.
3. Therefore the world contains evil. (p. 631)