Thursday, July 19, 2012

Psalm 68:1-6

Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered, and let those who hate Him flee before Him.  As smoke is driven away, so drive them away; as wax melts before the fire, so let the wicked perish before God.  But let the righteous be glad; let them exult before God; yes, let them rejoice with gladness.  Sing to God, sing praises to His name; lift up a song for Him who rides through the deserts, whose name is the Lord, and exult before Him.  A father of the fatherless and a judge for the widows, is God in his holy habitation.  God makes a home for the lonely; he leads out he prisoners into prosperity, only the rebellious dwell in a parched land. (Psalm 68:1-6)

I am always encouraged by this Psalm for many reasons...but two are the words written "God makes a home for the lonely..." and that later in the Psalm are the words "The woman who proclaim the good tidings are a great host..." (v. 11b).



And that "the father of the fatherless..." God looks over me and others who have been rejected by their families, that the Lord of all creation cares for the cast-off's of this world.


That God should care.


That the God-Incarnate would have died for me.


And that rose from the dead to confirm the truth of His love for me (and to all those whom all love has waxed cold).

What wondrous love is this, O my soul, O my soul, What wondrous love is this, Oh my soul! What wondrous love is this that cause the Lord of bliss to bear the dreadful curse for my soul,for my soul, to bear the dreadful curse for my soul.

Amen.

No comments: