Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Unexpected delight!



I’m never sure how my cards will be received, and as anyone who has been trained in sales, you know how
to quickly look over a store set up to see whether your product will fit or not. But even if your look-around seems to tell you “no,” you talk to the people behind the counter anyway.

So as I walked down the steps that led to a below-street-level coffee shop, I could see no card racks and thought to myself, this was a “no-go”.

But the young fellow behind the counter asked to take a look at my card.  He looked up at me quizzically and asked, “So, what’s Proverbs 3:5 and 6?” (under my logo on the back of the cards)
Logo on the back of my cards

 

Without missing a beat I recited what I consider to be my life-verse “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understandings, but in all you ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight”

He and another gentleman were both nodding their heads before I even got done with the verse.

And then we started one of those wonderful “God encounters” conversations…you know, when you meet up with another believer who wants to know what adventures you’ve been on here on this earth…those bright moments when the light of Christ just shines.

That’s when the worries you had just a moment ago disappear.  When your world, which was looking pretty dark, suddenly becomes sunny and bright. You have hope again, and are sure of what your calling and gifts are…beautiful gifts from God. When again you realize you have been put on an important path by the One True Living God, and He just reminded you that you are not alone on this road.

What a delight!

“Open to me the gates of righteousness; I shall enter through them, I shall give thanks to the Lord.  This is the gate of the Lord; the righteous will enter though it.  I shall give thanks to You, for You have answered me, and You have become my salvation.”  Psalm 118:19-21

And by the way, the coffee shop is LaVita Bella Coffee etc at 475 Main St. Longmont (at the corner of 5th and Main)...their web-blog his here: LaVitacoffeeEtc.blogspot.com

No comments: