Tuesday, September 18, 2012

No bribery allowed


Well I'm finally getting organized with my schedule to be able to post here again.  



Deuteronomy 10:17 “For the Lord your God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God who does not show partiality nor take a bribe.”

As I was doing my Bible reading this morning, this verse came to my attention.  What drew my eye is the last part “…who does not take a bribe.”
Why is this significant? Well, other religions of that region used sympathetic magic to influence the gods to give them what they needed or wanted, right or wrong; so they were in a sense “bribing” the gods.

How much better is it that we serve a God who knows our needs well enough he doesn’t need to be coaxed or cajoled, but also cannot be bribed.

So poor or rich, weak or strong, young or old, women or men can receive mercy, justice, love, and peace through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.


No comments: