Friday, November 8, 2013

Introducing "Bold Girls Speak: Girls of the Bible Come Alive Today"

I would like to introduce the book I illustrated: "Bold Girls Speak: Girls of the Bible Come Alive Today" a book wonderfully written by my friend Mary Stromer Hanson.


Each Story features girl characters from the Bible, like Miriam. (below) These books are written for the 5th and 6th grade reading level, with the goal of giving girls their very own Bible heroes.





There are five Old Testament stories; like "The Daughters who Built the Walls of Jerusalem" (below)






And five New Testament stories, like "The Daughters Who Prophesied" (below)





Each story is complete with a study guide for parents at the end of each story; to guide your readers through further discussion.

Mary is a graduate of Denver Seminary, with an MA is New Testament Biblical Studies. She also has an MA in Special Education from the University of Colorado.

The book is listed on Amazon here.

Or you can contact me directly for a signed copy!


2 comments:

Latayne C Scott said...

I've loved her posts on CBE. Would it be possible for her to contact me? I'd like to correspond with her. Latayne at Latayne dot com. Thank you!

Lisa Guinther said...

Hi Latayne. You can contact me at alice.guinther@gmail.com and I'll forward your email to Mary.