Monday, March 10, 2014

Calming the Storm



In the stress of mid semester, I find the most difficult thing for me to NOT do is get angry at people.

I keep wanting to scream, “DON’T YOU SEE I’M BUSY?!”

Don’t you understand I have school work to do?


Don’t you understand that everything you don’t do, promises you don’t keep, and considerations you don’t give me, tear me apart right now!

I am tired and stressed, surrounded by other tired and stressed students; we act like a school of feeder fish, being herded into a food-ball for the barracudas to eat.

In one twenty-four hour period my summer class schedule changed 4 times, a friend dropped a promise, and I had a professor “call-me-out” twice in one class….and I wanted to cry.

I wanted to wail “no-one cares for me!”

I wanted to go find a sympathetic shoulder with a box of tissues.

But in all this chaos, the words that keep floating to the surface of my mind are from the One who calmed that storm,
 
“Do you trust me?”


Like a life-line,

Like a hand up, when I fall down;

The friend who has neither left me, nor forsaken me,


 and I find shalom.


“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”



Matthew 11:28-30

No comments: