Thursday, April 3, 2014

Perseverence





*poor thing…she’ll never make it*

                        “What will you do if you can’t finish?”

                                            *you’ll never finish this*

                              “I know another Christian woman who was deliberately given a B, so she never made it to grad-school.”

*give-up, you are just too old to keep up with the kids*
                                   
   “Oh god, are you doing an undergraduate thesis?”


“Why are you doing this to yourself?”


                                    “You will never make it, you

will never finish this; adult students never finish in-seat college programs. You will

be left with nothing.






How long O Lord? Will you forget me forever?

How long will you hide your face from me?

How long must I bear pain in my soul, and have 

sorrow in my heart all day long?

How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?

Consider and answer me, O Lord my God!

Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep the sleep of death,

and my enemy will say, “I have prevailed”; my foes

will rejoice because I am shaken.

But I trusted in your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.

I will sing to the Lord, because he has dealt bountifully

 with me. 

Psalm 13


Perseverance, (pur’sǝ-vêr’ǝns) n. …implies a continuing to do something in spite of difficulties, obstacles…SYN. tenacity…

To persevere is to continue doing something in spite of difficulty, opposition; to be steadfast in purpose; to persist. Webster’s New World Dictionary©1956


God has called and equipped me for this path.

God will give me just enough strength for this journey.

God has never forsaken me; regardless of how I feel.


I will finish the race set before me,

no matter how it looks,

no matter if I have no help,

and no matter how it ends.



Because it is a joy to be alive,

because
I am grateful for my salvation and

because I have a call on my life, a path set before me, even if I am not sure where I am going…


Because the air is fresh and the mountains are calling!

“Do you not know than in a race the runners all compete, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win it.” 1 Corinthians 9:24
 
“Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also run with perseverance the race that is set before us, looking at Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith…” Hebrews 12:1-2



“Therefore lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be pus tout of joint, but rather be healed.” Hebrews 12:12

“So we do not lose heart. Even though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day.
For this slight momentary affliction is preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all measure.” 2 Corinthians 4:16


The Word of the Lord:


Thanks be to God!
        


No comments: