Sunday, September 7, 2014

Insights at the Start of a New Semester.

 
I have been journaling for years, and now and then I look back on words that I have written. This is an impression of some of my writings of the last 6 months.



I have had beautiful moments of sublime peace, sitting under a shade tree gazing at a lovely garden where I felt your presence Lord.



I have had moments of horrible pain brought on by misplaced trust. I knew you were with me Lord, and you helped me to forgive.

I had a friend care enough about me to spend her hard earned money to come and visit me; and we prayed together and you were there with us Lord.


I watched some of my friends graduate from college and celebrated with them, then joined those same friends to mourn the death of one of those graduates. You were there Lord.


I have had the chance to meet with another “big brother” that you have brought into my life. Lord the “family” you surround me with is wonderful.


I preached twice and felt you used that word, even when old friends wouldn’t listen, perhaps because of my gender; but you blessed the word you gave me Lord.

I have written in my journal over and over again “Lord, help me to forgive”, and you did, and I did.

I thought I gave up singing, and now I am singing again. And Lord you are in that as well.

I have written prayers that you have answered again and again Lord; and for that I am truly grateful and blessed.

Lord, you have walked with me through so many years of my suffering, and now you are opening new and wonderful doors of opportunity for me, and I am so grateful.

You have given me some special new friends, a new study partner, and new goals for philosophy; and I know Lord you will help me reach these goals.

I can see by my journal entries that my life is blessed, painful, hard, stressful, joy-and-praise-filled. My life is filled with people who care for me, hurt me, love me, and frustrate me, help me, lie to me, pray for me, challenge me, and teach me.

Lord, this looks like a pretty amazing life.

No comments: