Friday, October 2, 2015

Some clips from the movie "Forks over Knives"






I apologize to my readers for being "off-line" for this many weeks; my classes were a bit overwhelming.


I want to continue for a bit on the idea of a vegan diet.

I have posted some clips from the documentary Forks over Knives,  which looks at the link between cardiovascular and systemic health and animal products, including milk in our diets.

Watch the videos below.  






And here




And Dr. Neal Barnard on Diabetes and a Vegan diet





This is information both medical researchers and personal experience. Never self-diagnose, always follow the advice of the doctor who knows you. 


I recommend that you watch the whole movie; you can purchase a copy here or getting more information:

I am not a nutrition expert, yet I do understand that when we are told we need animal protein in our diet; that protein in meat, eggs and dairy are surrounded in so much additional fat, that you lose the benefits and reap the cost in damage to your arteries in the form of atherosclerosis and other diseases linked to diet.

And my experience so far: I've lost weight and I feel like I have more energy. Is that from the diet or just from losing weight? I don't know; causally it could be from either. But before I removed all animal products from my diet, I was feeling exhausted and worn down. I am still tired at the end of the week, but I feel just tired, not exhausted. All I am doing is eating a plant-based diet; no meat, meat products, or dairy.

More to come.

No comments: